The Corporate Accounting Policy team exists to ensure the Company’s financial reporting compliance objectives are achieved through the areas of technical accounting research, accounting policy and internal assurance.
The Lead Technical Accountant is a professional role that will be responsible for conducting accounting research and providing technical accounting support to cross-functional team members in a timely manner. This role will advise relevant stakeholders on technical accounting issues for appropriate GAAP treatment, including new accounting pronouncements and other complex accounting matters as they arise.
This role will partner with the Corporate Financial Reporting team in contributing to the Company’s external audit, including leading the preparation of the year-end audited financial statements, accompanying financial statement disclosures and other supporting audit documentation.
This individual will also support the other members of the Corporate Accounting Policy team, contributing to the preparation and review of key accounting policies and assisting with ongoing internal controls activities.
· Advise internal stakeholders on appropriate GAAP treatment for complex transactions, including areas such as revenue recognition, lease accounting, derivatives & financial instruments, consolidation, and other related accounting matters
· Lead the preparation of accounting memorandums and other related documentation to support accounting positions for the Company’s files and for external audit support
· Lead the preparation of the Company’s year-end audited financial statements, including drafting footnote disclosures, completing required checklists, and preparing financial statement tie-out schedules
· Lead the adoption and implementation of new accounting standards, including preparation of applicable impact assessments and audit support documentation
· Serve as a subject matter expert with respect to GAAP in assisting teams navigate change management requirements resulting from new accounting standards or changes in accounting policy
· Partner with relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate accounting for the Company’s hedging and derivative instruments
· Lead the supervision of 3rd party vendors when required to support ongoing technical research activities, including budget oversight and day-to-day project management activities
· Assist with the preparation and oversight of the Company’s accounting policies
· Contribute to the Company’s internal controls and assurance activities, including assisting with the preparation of internal controls documentation and remediation of internal controls gaps, as identified
· Certified Public Accountant
· Public accounting or related experience
· Demonstrate technical knowledge and thorough understanding of GAAP
· Experience researching and preparing accounting analyses for complex transactions
· Excellent analytical, organizational, problem-solving, communication (both written and oral) and collaboration skills
· Shows flexibility in response to process change
· Works well in a team setting
· Servant spirit with a strong sense of stewardship
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education
Accounting or Finance