What You'll Do
Lead all Front Office operations, set and maintain a high level of guest service. Provide support, mentorship, and coaching to the team.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Delete or add transactions that will assist in balancing revenues.
- Review Front Desk logbook for any information or incidents, communicate with desk agents to gather pertinent information, review all arrivals noting any special requests, assess whether any guest relocation is necessary.
- Assist guests with services and requests, follow established key control policy, be knowledgeable of fire and emergency procedures.
- Inspect all VIP arrival rooms.
- Attend monthly Wine Hour according to the schedule.
- Run and attend departmental training classes and seminars as needed.
- Supervise all duties performed by the Front Office team.
- Coach, and counsel employees when necessary, using the correct documentation and techniques.
- Make sure all employees are posted at their stations on time, and that they complete their essential duties before their departure.
- Schedule for all areas of operation in a timely manner. Assist with all sick calls or tardiness by finding coverage, report to work and stay until coverage can be found (including night audit shifts).
- Meet or exceed levels of service required by the Mystery Shopper Survey, as well as the "guest comment card" return ratios.
- Meet or come in under payroll and expense budgets.
- Accountable for the "guest ledger" and its daily maintenance.
- Ensure that all employees follow cash and credit handling procedures.
What You Bring:
- 2 years of management experience in hospitality or similar industry.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of integrity.
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally.
- Experience with Opera and Microsoft Office Suite is preferred.
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here opens a pdf file.